Friday, July 11, 2008

Ding! First post!

I've decided to create a new blog that will document my adventures as a level 70 (dwarf) hunter on the staghelm realm. Mostly this will be a place for me to discuss the issues that I come across is playing my hunter, weather it be raiding, farming, pvping, or just interacting with other people.

A little backstory (I'll try to keep this brief):
My first day of WoW was January 1st, 2006. Prior to WoW I never had any MMO experience other than the occasional login of Knight Online (before Pay-to-play) with a few friends I had met through various other online games, mostly FPS. That is neither here nor there.

My first toon was a Night Elf Hunter that I played for 3 levels before deciding to reroll a mage. I got my mage to level 10 purely by grinding mobs. I didn't know how quests worked, let alone talents or spell trainers. My first serious character was Mowat. I relearned the game with him.

After bouncing between various guilds on the Hakkar realm and getting to level 36ish, I decided to transfer to boulderfist where a few of my RL friends were playing. I really enjoying the guild I was in over there because of the friendships we had. Around level 50 my friends decided to stop playing. I stopped playing alliance at that point to try out horde. I really enjoying horde, it felt like a toatally different game.

Almost one year ago I was listening to my weekly podcasts and came across a new one. The hosts of this podcast had almost the same playstyle and game values that I had at the time, minus being max level. I decided to go back to my level 50 hunter and switch realms to play with these people. That ended up being what saved me from quitting the game.

I quickly leveled from 50-70 and started soft raiding with them and it was a blast. Totally reinvented the game for me.

Anyway, that's just my abridged history of my WoW life. I'm now a fully commited huntard and an altaholic to boot.

I'll try to keep this blog updated as much as possible with whatever comes up, until next time
- Momo, the huntard.

No comments: