Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bringing back Fuzzy.

Remember the early days of being a baby huntard? Where the best part about the class was picking out a class that appealed to YOU?

Nobody cared which pet did the most damage, had the fastest attack speed, or the most health, it was all about looks (that is of course for those hunters in the 10-59 lvl range).

My first pet that I ever grew attached to was Fuzzy.

Fuzzy was a bear who I picked up in feralas (Yes, a little late to grow attached) at the ripe age of 47. Fuzzy, rest his soul, was the best leveling companion ever. We traveled all throughout Kalimdor and the EK together. He even stepped into the Dark Portal with me for the first time.

Over time, our bond dimished though. Fuzzy was stabled for Blinky the wonder WarpStalker, then released for blinky to be stabled in favor of whiskers my man eating killer eco-dome dweleing jungal lord.

With the new patch and increased leveling for pets, as well as pet specialization and pet talent trees, I've decided to bring back Fuzzy.

Only this fuzzy is white. After raiding, I promptly ran my dwarvin butt to Dun Morogh (ahh nostalgia) and tamed me Mangeclaw. For now, Fuzzy v2.0 will remain stabled waiting anxiously for the patch to arrive and a chance to age (level) 5 years (times).

It's funny how attached a player can become to a specific part of their most played class.

No comments: