What happened to these pets that were just so damn cool? Normalization happened. Pet's stopped being specialized for leveling and dpsing (to some extent).
Here's what to expect in WotLK
- Gorriladins. BRK has done a fantastic job explaining the greatness of gorillas.
- Bears, the new personal tank (again?)
- Rhinos - I mean really, who wouldn't?
- Wolves - They actually do damage again.
- Turtles - For more than just novelty?
What's nice about pets for leveling in LK is that each pet does something unique, and is good situationally. Gorrials are going to be GREAT for AOE tanking, Bears for single target, Wolves for those melee heavy 5 mans, heck hyenas are even going to be good.
Start evauating how you like to play. Talent points are going to matter (for both player and pet) based on your pet choice and how you play.